Monday, November 18, 2013

After an Injury

Remember 8 weeks ago when I posted about my fractured foot. I must have fractured my mind-set too, because I threw everything out the window.  A week after the injury I hopped on my exercise bike and it was a disaster! So what did I do? Stay vigilant with my food choices until I was released for exercise? Heck no! I ate everything is sight for six weeks.

I was released for physical activity two weeks ago. I have steadily gotten back into working out during the past two weeks, and tonight I ran for the first time since the injury. It wasn't pretty, but I got out there and did it. And for that I am proud of myself.

My plan is to get in 5 days of exercise during the week and work my way into a better diet. I CANNOT go into the holidays with a food free for all mind set.

9 comments:

  1. You can do anything that you set your mind to. So proud that you got out there and ran after your injury. One little step at a time. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your support Chris! It means so much to me. Trying to get my focus back has been tough! Can you link me to your blog?

      Delete
    2. I would love to have you as a reader! My blog address is shufflescrapsparkle.blogspot.com. I know how difficult it is to get back on track once you have been away for a time. Stay focused on your goal and you will achieve it.

      Delete
  2. Jessica, You've totally got this!!! I believe in you!!!!

    Have a fit day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get that!! Its like we take a vacation, and I give myself permission to not be vigilant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the same thing...when I found out I was pregnant. I have been eating whatever I want. That is SOooooo not wise. I'm glad to read your post tonight. I'm going to come back too. We are too awesome to be unhealthy. :) (and you are right---the holidays are dangerous times to not have your mind set straight!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always amazes me how quickly we 'fall apart' when something happens to throw us off plan/schedule!!


    Yay for getting out there and getting back on track!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment on my blog. How is your foot going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is much better! Thanks for checking. I am back to working out five days a week :)

      Delete