Sunday, February 2, 2014

January in Review

January was a great month! I ended the month with 20 days of workouts which included runs, walking, Zumba, my recumbent bike, and Leslie Sansone's HIIT DVDs. I have always enjoyed Leslie's Walk Away the Pounds DVDs, and these HIIT workouts are a fun twist to the same old great Leslie!  I also chose to be dairy and grain free during the month of January and kept a record of all my food at Jessica's Plate. There are no pictures or recipes there, but a diary of my food for the day. Keeping this record kept me mindful of what I was eating. As I said in my last post, I have stayed away from the scale, so I don't know if I have lost weight, but I have definitely felt healthier!






        

10 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great month. How did you like being grain/dairy free I am grain free, but refuse to even entertain the idea of giving up dairy

    I've rediscovered Cathe Friedrich thanks to the weather. My treadmill completely died on me. I was in a panic until I remembered I had other options, rebounder and videos.

    I made it a goal for February to start keeping track of my food. My appetite is through the roof. I don't know whether to blame the added strength training, weather, hormones or the fact I like to eat. *GRIN*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling healthier is way more important than what the scale says! GO YOU! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited about new Lesley DVD. Where did you buy it? What's the twist on her walking program? Just the music? This is exactly what I need to get back into exercise. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought both of mine at Sams. They were about $10 each. They are HIIT workouts, so she does about six intervals of HIIT. (But the HIITs are just high knee jogs and twisting jumps.)

      Delete
  4. Keep up the good work. I decided to go gluten free and I feel so much better. I haven't been able to run much outside the past month due to the pounding winter storms we have been getting. In fact, we are currently expected to get 12" of new snow with more this weekend. I can't wait for spring and warmer weather so I can run outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so glad to come "back" to blogging and see that you are still blogging! I hope all is well and I look forward to going back and reading through your journey!

    Jennifer
    www.wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this!!! Feeling healthy!!! Proud of you staying away from the numbers that we think define us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you notice any lightheadedness, satta king
    play bazaar

    satta king
    play bazaar rush to get out of the building. Sit down for a while to see if you feel better.

    ReplyDelete