Friday, July 25, 2014

5 Things Friday

1. Tommy and I spent last weekend in the mountains attending a wedding at the Biltmore. His Uncle came in from Chicago so that we could get away for a couple of days. We left after work on Friday and got back on Sunday night. It was a lot of time in the car, but very nice.

2. One of my favorite things about the trip was the dinner and wine after the ceremony. Seriously the best food I have ever put in my mouth! I knew this was a once in a lifetime, and took advantage of all 7 courses and more than my share of wine. I was up .6 this week at my WI, but it was worth every bite, and Monday I was right back on track.

3. I had planned on getting in some extra exercise in the beauty of the Smoky Mountain National Park, but when I got up at 5:30 (4:30 our time) and dressed quietly so I wouldn't wake Tommy, I had no idea there was a flood pouring down outside! Our Friday night hotel didn't offer a fitness room, but I managed 2.25 miles on the treadmill Sunday morning (ugh after the meal the night before it wasn't pretty.)

4. This weekend will be much more low key than last weekend. Tomorrow morning, I am planning to attempt 5.5 miles. I have never done that distance before in one outing. I am excited and nervous.

5. I *believe* a 10k is in my future. But I gotta get that September 5 miler out of the way first.

:) Have a good weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Being able to enjoy a good meal, really and truly enjoy it, is just awesome! Why feel guilty about taking advantage of a rare opportunity?
    Ooh a 10K go you! That's a good distance. Challenging but not completely daunting. Good luck on your training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your goals! Very inspirational. I hope to take up running again after I have surgery in September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tentatively have a 10k on my horizon also......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rakhen Aankhon Me Isey, Ki Aansuon Ka Samandar Ab Sanbhala Nahi Jata.
    Sad Shyari In English Fonts At Poetry Tadkaplay bazaarwebsites new creating ideas satta king KabhiRo Lene Do Apne Kandho Pe Sar Rakhkar Mujhey, K Dard Ka Bawandar Ab Sanbhala Nahin Jata.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make sure you get up from the table slowly, and always have a snack before you head in for your appointment. play bazaar

    Play bazaar
    satta king

    ReplyDelete