Monday, September 28, 2015

I am Great at Making Excuses.

My last post was in May. I felt on top of the world with my running and diet. Two weeks later I had the best run of my life. It was a Saturday morning training run and when I finished I was pumping my arms in celebration in the driveway. When I opened the door, Tommy commented that it must have been a great run. I showered and went to meet my Mom and Grandmom for our weekly (when I didn't have a race) coffee date. When I stood for us to leave I felt a twinge in my knee. The next day I was hobbling and the next week I was doing PT. The 10miler that I had been training for was OUT. And so I stopped exercising and started eating. Summer work stress began and I ate more. When I was released to run again, I went out once but it was JULY in ALABAMA and it was HOT. So I ate some more. When my summer stress ended I thought I could get back into a routine, but guess what...there was some other excuse (I don't even remember what it was at this point.) Two weeks ago I started giving myself daily goals and meeting them! Then last week I ended up in the ER with a kidney stone and guess what... I ate (even though I was nauseous!)

But I am DONE! I am going to stop making excuses and JUST DO IT ALREADY!

Let's be honest, I probably won't blog a ton (even though I read...always), but I will be here twice a week! And if you don't see me, give me a holler because I am probably somewhere making an excuse!

This week my goals are...
Drink one gallon of water Mon-Fri
Drink at least 64oz of water Sat & Sun
Exercise for at least 30 mins 3 days
Log food at least 4 days
Do something for myself


I will be back on Friday with a WI and then next Monday with an update on how these goals went this week and new goals for next week.

I am struggling guys and need some support!

**A HUGE thank you to Amy at Dream Big and Do It for telling me to BLOG. It does help!

6 comments:

  1. ((hugs back))
    It's happened to me twice...so forgive yourself and love yourself and lets do this again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi you're back! It is super hard not to get mad at an injury and just mope. Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job for finally facing the excuses and saying no more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Macao for the best destnation for the weding and business confernece purposes. play bazaar mainly helping to wealthy people for making so much money anda satta king alos in this race.

    ReplyDelete
  5. satta king
    play bazaar Many people fear acupuncture because it uses needles and by nature,

    ReplyDelete