Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Workout Update- At least I wasn't roadkill :)

Date: 4-19-10
Time of Day:6:45-7:30 PM
Location:Long Country Roads :)
Type: Comfortable Run with hills
Total Steps: 7520

Last night I did another new running course. Usually for my comfortable run, I do a course I mapped out in the neighborhood I grew up in. Yesterday, however, I had a gym clothes mix-up (the hubby and I traded vehicles in the afternoon and I forgot to go out and get my gym clothes before he took off with my car) so I went home instead of running in town. When I made it home, I almost decided to skip my run, but I knew I would be out of town some this week so I decided to just make the run happen. Tommy dropped me off on the road behind our house 3.1 miles from the end of the road. When he was driving me out, he kept asking if I was sure I wanted to do this. I think he was worried I wouldn't be able to make it running later in the day. But, I was determined.
Overall the run was great, and I think I may add it to my normal running rotation. There were a few long killer hills that I had never really paid much attention to in the car. At one hill that seems to last about half a mile up, I thought I might die... but I was able to survive. I also saw...and smelled several pieces of roadkill (YUCK!) I always say I saw more roadkill in our first month married/ at the new house(in the country) than I had my entire life growing up in the city. At one point, I also had a parade of unleashed dogs following me! They were all pretty friendly, and one followed me at least a quarter mile before turning around to do back home. Overall the run was good. The weather was perfect, and I am so glad I decided to make the run last night!

1 comment:

  1. Now that's committing to a long run, driving out away from your house! Bravo for doing it!

    ReplyDelete