Friday, April 16, 2010

Workout Update

Date: 4-16-10
Time of Day: 6:00 -6:45 AM
Location: Lexington Park
Type: Hills
Total Steps: 5267

When I got fitted for shoes earlier in the week, I asked for advise on how to increase speed and endurance on my runs. I was given a wealth of information. He asked how ofter I ran during the week. I told him that I try to fit in at least 3 runs a week but am pushing towards 4 a week. He said for the next couple of months I should split my runs into three different types. One run should include hills, one working with speed intervals, and one long run at a comfortable pace.

Today I worked on hills. I went to a park I knew had a nice long, steady, but steep hill. I started out with a comfortable walk around the outer loop (1/4 mile). Then I started on the hill. I would run up the hill as hard as I could, then walk back down. I did this 10 times. Eventually, I'd like to get a stop watch and see if I can increase my speed running up the hill. After working on the hills, I walked another comfortable loop. I followed that up with a 1/2 mile jog, and then walked one last loop.

I felt a bit lethargic today. I didn't sleep well, and had pretty bad cramps all night. I am glad I got myself up and going this morning because I felt much better after the workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment