Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer Fitness Bucket List: Participate in a Charity Event!

Saturday I marked off another item on my Summer Fitness Bucket List....Participating in a charity Event! I picked up my Mom nice and early and we headed over for the  Mall March Against Sexual Violence 5k. It was a small event, but a great "cool" way to get in a 5k walk that morning...and for such a good cause.
I will probably do at least once more charity event this summer, but I didn't want to let this opportunity to mark off a bucket list item slip away.

Then I spent the afternoon playing outside in the kiddie pool with friends....(who cares if we were all 30 or older!!) And I got WAY TOO MUCH SUN! So much so that I barely got in my June Boom 30 minutes on Sunday...and it was rather lite exercise, but I am counting it :)

4 comments:

  1. Good for you for getting your June Boom exercise in on Sunday. I like this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought about fundraising for a charity race to help motivate you even more. A close friend of mine participated in an MS walk for years but this year decided to fund raise as well. She sent close friends a short story she'd written about why the cause is so meaningful to her (She was diagnosed with MS at age 28.) and let them know that any donation, even a $1 contribution to the cause would mean a lot. She ended up raising over $800. She told me that next year she hopes to raise over $1000. Just thought I'd share that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of fun playing in the kiddie pool! I am loving the June Boom Challenge too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great way to start the day and cooling off in a kiddy pool is great too, we had one here a few years back and I havd fond memories of chilling in it at midnight on a very hot night..........

    ReplyDelete