Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Feeling Down

I am feeling down tonight. I can't explain why...it is just how I feel. Work was fine. I left early to go to a dentist appointment and was excited about the possibility of a longer workout this evening. When I got to the gym, I just felt zero motivation. Maybe if was the lack of an afternoon pick me up snack that I usually eat about an hour before hitting the gym or maybe it was because my mouth kind of hurt from the dentist appointment (no cavities, but a lot of picking around during the cleaning.) I made it through 1.5 miles on the elliptical  and then called it a night. I just felt like I couldn't go anymore. And now I feel disappointed in myself, because I could have gotten in an extra long workout and instead it was shorter than usual. But tomorrow is a new day, and hopefully it will be better!

7 comments:

  1. Some days are like that, I think - especially after we throw ourselves back into routines. A short workout is better than no workout, though! Keep up your great work, hope tomorrow is a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of my days are like that . . . but I digress. You know what? You still showed up at the gym - got on the machine - and did the work. That, that is worthy of a smile!!! Know how easy it would have been to just say, "Screw it I'm tired"? Yeah - you didn't do that!!! High 5 chica!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was what it was a short work out is fine if that is all you feel up to as you know sometimes once you get started you are good to go but other times you get started and just can't be bothered so then you call it a day and think tomorrow will be better...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is totally okay to have days like this, we all do! you are still doing great and have a day or two where you do what your body wants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still think you need a new goal!! Have you thought about training for a 1/2 marathon or some other event? Having a goal, one that is just out of my comfort zone, really got me excited and motivated!! When I made my mind up about what I was going to do, got my plan together, did the work needed to be ready, ran my race and finished....There's just nothing better than that. It just fueled me for my next goal and I have to tell you, I don't want to stop!! So excited!!

    Stay focused!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's okay to have a crappy workout. The important thing is that you WORKED OUT! The bad workouts make the good ones THAT MUCH BETTER. Stick with it, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. May have been short, BUT at least you didnt sit on the couch!!! AND maybe youre body needed a break!!!

    ReplyDelete