Sunday, February 10, 2013

5 Miles

This morning, I got up early and hit the gym.

First I did my strength training for the day.

3 sets of 12 bicep curls
3 sets of 12 tricep press
3 sets of 12 assisted dips
3 sets of 12 assisted pull ups

Then I hit the treadmill to do something I had never done. A 5-miler! I used intervals

5 Min warm up

10 mins "run" @ 4.7
5 min walk @3.5
10 mins "run" @ 4.7
5 min walk @3.5
10 mins "run" @ 4.7
5 min walk @3.5
10 mins "run" @ 4.7
5 min walk @3.5
Quarter mile run @ 5.0
Quarter mile cool down 3.5-3.0

I was stoked!! And felt awesome!! During the fourth 10 min interval, my hip started to feel tight, but I knew I could finish.

After the run, I did some awesome stretching.

Then I headed to meet up with hubby and friends for Pre-Birthday breakfast feeling so powerful and strong.

Special thank to my sweet friend Kim that got up at the crack of dawn to "do this with me," from Washington!! I txted her after each run interval and she was awesome!!

2 comments: