Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Winter Wonderland Warriors Update! Week 3

This week was wild with all the snow and being off from work. Because I was unable to get to the gym for most of the week, my foot mileage is behind, but I am hopeful to get caught back up in the next few weeks. I am on target with my bike miles. This weekend, I also missed two days of 7 fruits and veggies. I got about 4 servings on both days.

This week's positive picture is from my first 5k. I was so excited about running that race!  I am looking forward to running that same race again this year..and hopefully shaving some time off.



Week Three {January 17, 2011}:
  1. What have you done this past week to help you achieve your goals? Even though I didn't hit the gym like I normally would this week, the snow did allow for some extra activity. We played hard in the snow sledding, having snow ball fights, and just having fun. It was a nice new way to get in activity :)
  2. Do you find that your motivation/mood changes in the winter? If so, what do you do to help/avoid it? My motivation always slacks in the winter. When I get off work I am so tempted to just go home and hide under the covers, instead of hitting the gym. Making fitness goals for myself really helps keep me motivated to go to the gym even when I don't want to go :)
  3. Do you have any advice for your fellow challengers on staying on task? I like making lists and crossing thing out as I accomplish them.
  4. What day{s} of the week/month do you find it difficult to stay on task/motivated? I always have a hard time during PMS..Thursdays are my week day that I usually have to fight myself to stop at the gym...I am not sure why...maybe because it is usually a busier day at work.I accommodate that by allowing Thursdays (instead of Friday) to be a rest day occasionally.
  5. Fun Question of the Week: If you were going on a road trip {longer than a day} who would you take with you? Where would you go? I would take Tommy...and I would love to road trip again in the Smokie Mountains of Georgia, Tennessee, and North Carolina.

8 comments:

  1. I would love to hear how you got into running! I love the picture on your side bar to the right at the bottom that says "Just Run!" Very motivating and inspiring! I am jealous of the snow you guys are getting in Bama because here in New Orleans yesterday I was in short sleeves!

    Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are doing really well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to run a 5K!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job!!!!:)

    Love the Smokie Mtns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate with your first 5k! I ran my first 5k on July 4th and I can't wait to see if i can do better this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks so much for your message - you should do your Masters!! I don't want to get too sunken into my career and then never make the time.. the longer I wait the less likely it'll happen!

    But don't give up on your dreams!! It's never too late!

    I really want to play in the snow - it's snowing like a mother outside right now it's insanity!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this challenge since it helps me get off the couch. I'd love to go to the Smokies too!

    I gave you an award! Check out my blog for the details.

    ReplyDelete