Monday, January 3, 2011
Winter Wonderland Warriors-- Week 1
First off...Positive picture of the week!
1 &2. What are your ten goals for the WWW challenge and why did you choose them?
1. 150 miles on foot (A combo of walking, jogging, and running). I usually try to do 10 miles per week...in order to complete this goal I will be upping my weekly goal to 13 miles.
2. 150 miles on Bike (This will be at the gym). When I get in running mode, I tend to neglect other areas of cardio...this will encourage me to change things up.
3. 2 miles in 24 minutes. I have been working on this for awhile, and really want to mark this goal off my list!
4. Participate in an official 5k. I haven't done one in a while and they are fun!
5. Do 100 minutes of Wii Fitness a week. I read about others using there Wii all the time, but usually only use it when I can't get to the gym...I want this to be an extra component. I plan to use Wii fit, and have borrowed Dance Dance Revolution...I may also reward myself after the first month with a new game to keep my motivation high!
6. Save $100 per month. This will be tough, but I think I can do it...things are often tight financially but I want to try to make saving money a priority.
7. Strength Train 2 days per week. Strength training is very difficult for me, but I know how important it is...maybe if I add this as a challenge goal I will be more consistent.
8. Eat 7 fruit/Veggies per day. In general I think I do this...but it will be more planned now, and I hope to incorporate more fruits and veggies as snacks!
9. Drink at least 64oz of water per day. By making this a challenge component I will be more consistent, I am bad about "forgetting to drink" anything. I would really like to do 64 oz before lunch! but Baby steps :)
10. Do something FUN once a week. (This could be a movie at home with Tommy, a Girl's Night, or taking Humphrey for a hike...just something fun) Sometimes I get in a funk during the blah winter months so this will cause me to plan fun things!
3.Are you making a New Year’s Resolution beyond the WWW challenge? I just want to live life the best I can!
4. What does this challenge mean to you? This challenge is a way to keep myself motivated during the winter. I honestly feel challenges are key to keeping my motivation high in regards to diet and fitness.
5. Fun Question of the Week: What did you do when the clock struck midnight on New Year’s Eve?
I kissed my sweet hubby! It was a quiet night at home that included movies and watching the ball drop. We actually watched the ball drop eastern time together and kissed...then he went to bed and I waited for midnight Central time, gave him a quick kiss while he was sleeping, and then crawled into bed myself.