Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Picture it...the most yummy salad ever!

I had the most delicious salad today. Seriously y'all, I wish I would have taken a picture it was so amazing, but I didn't, so I think I am going to have to describe it to you Sophia Patrillo style.


Picture it, mid-afternoon today. I had left work early for a dentist appointment and taken the rest of the day off. No same old, same old lunch for me today. I took advantage of the free afternoon to treat myself to lunch. I had thought about a smoothie from the local health food store. They are delicious, but so expensive, and I figured it would be hard to estimate the calories. So I decided to get a salad. I have had their salads before, but only the all veggie. Today, I decided I would get the hummus salad.
I love their stuff because everything is fresh and organic. My salad was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Are you still picturing it? Listen to this...mixed greens, diced tomatoes, onion, celery, shredded carrots, bell pepper, celery, and slivers of avocado, all topped with a dollop of home made hummus. I used the fork method and used a bit of the jalapeno ranch. YUM!

The salad was almost ten bucks, so not something I could afford on a regular basis, but what a treat!

1 comment:

  1. that sounds delicious! Have you tried baba gannouj (sp?) It's like hummus, but made of roasted eggplant. It's sooo delicious!

    ReplyDelete