Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bordom Busters

Karen at Fitness: A Journey Not a Destination did a post a couple of days about strategies for bordom busting to keep from eating. She asked her readers for suggestions about what they do when bored. I started thinking about this last night, and made a list to stick on my fridge. Now when I go to the fridge on a rare bordom attack on a Sunday afternoon I will have a little list of my own busters :)

* Read-- I always have something to read...I'm a librarian :) Sometimes I just need a reminder that reading can be done other than in bed :)

*Browse Magazines/cut coupons-- I Love ALL YOU magazine because of the fun reads and Great Coupons!

*Play outside--When I was a kid I loved to play outside. My playing has changed these days..its more like yard work, but I still call it play.

*Organize-- I think this is my go to for bordom busting...there is always something at my house that needs organized.

*Write cards--One of my New Year's Resolutions was to write more letters/send more cards to friends. And what a great way to fight bordom...send a friend a smile :)

What do you guys do to keep bordom eating away??

1 comment: