Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Early AM workout!

With the weather getting warmer, I have decided to try to change up my outside runs to the mornings. This will help with both the weather and getting in my evening meal before 7 *I hope*. Currently, I am off on Mondays and always do my Monday run between 8 and 10 AM. So far, all of my Monday runs have been great. Maybe it is because I don't feel rushed like I do after work. I don't get off until 5 most days, so when I run after work and drive home, it is usually 7 or later...then I have to cook and it makes my evening meal later than I would like.

Today I tried out the early morning run and really liked it. I got up at 4:45, did my few morning chores, had breakfast, changed into my gym clothes, packed my work clothes and toiletries and was out the door by 5:30. It takes about half an hour to get to the town I work in, where I plan to do the morning runs, so I got to the park a little after six. I had a great hour long workout that included a 2.5 mile run plus a walking warm up and cool down. My mom lives close to the park so I stopped by her house to jump in the shower and get ready for work, and made it to the library 10 minutes early! Whew! Initially I think this plan will take a little getting used to, but I think overall I will like it and my evening won't feel as rushed. I think it will also keep me from making excuses as the temps go up*they are saying 90s by next week..UGH! I will keep my cross training at the gym 2 days a week, and will probably do my speed intervals on the treadmill, too.
I'm getting really nervous about this weekend's 5k! I think I am more nervous about this one than I was the first one. I will probably be running alone, which is fine. But I am just really nervous. My hubby says I shouldn't be nervous because it is just for fun, but I really wanna beat my other time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment