Sunday, May 23, 2010

In the Mountains...


Tommy and I have been in the Great Smokey Mountains this weekend for fun and baseball. Eating has been less than stellar, but I don't think it has been terrible either. My biggest issue has been that we have stayed so busy, that we have skipped meals and then had very later dinners.
This trip has included lots of walking, which has been nice and hopefully will help with the food issue.
Yesterday, we did some hiking through the Great Smokey Mountain National Park. That was alot of fun. I had hoped we would hike Clingman's Dome, but it was closed. We ended up doing a great little nature hike. It was listed as 3/4 mile with moderate difficulty and steepness and was to take approximately 1 hour. We had such a good time, and I know we had our cardio in for the day with that hike.

The trip has also included some shopping at the tangler outlets. I had a great time shopping it up at GAP and Tommy. And its always fun to buy smaller sizes :)

Hope everyone has had a great weekend. We are off to see another baseball game and then the 6hour drive back home!

7 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful picture of you :) Sounds like you are having a great time. Do not stress to much about your food it sounds like you are being reasonable and all of the activity should help at least maintain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - lovely photo of you!!!! I always find with these kind of trips away that the exercise does balance off the less than perfect eating. Seriously, you can only do what you can do. Does someone in your family play "travel" baseball? Our son just made his first travel team - meaning weekends like yours in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you take a dip in the stream! I LOVE swimming down rivers and in fresh water. It's sooooo refreshing. The hiking sounds super fun. I think I'm going to have to find some places to go hiking soon. Maybe somebody to hike with would help as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a really fun trip! Thanks so much for your comments on my blog. It helps knowing that other people are going through the same things I am. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there!
    I just stumbled across your blog and have really enjoyed reading about your journey. I'm hoping to run a 5k soon (I'm just starting out!) and found your stories so inspiring. Keep it up and feel free to pop by my blog for a visit anytime.
    Cheers,
    Rae

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a great time. Isn't it nice when your cardio is something fun too?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to be able to hike in the great smokey mountains! And YES it's fabulous to buy clothes in a smaller size!

    ReplyDelete