Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday Favorites - Subway's Western Omelet Muffin

I am still getting used to doing the whole blog thing and trying to get into my groove as to what to post about. I've noticed several blogs designate certain days for different topics and I thought doing a "Friday Favorites" would be a lot of fun.

Have you guys tried anything on the Subway breakfast menu? I am usually a bran flakes and banana kind of girl in the morning, but occasionally the Hubby will want to get breakfast out on the weekend. Subway's breakfast menu has offered me a yummy way of doing this without changing much in the way of my afternoon calories. So far I have only tried the Western Omelet with egg whites. I also had them throw on a tomato!

I loved it! The website says it is under 200 calories and less than 4 grams of fat...which makes me happy! I have had this twice with a side of apples and stayed pretty satisfied until lunch! It also inspired me to make an at home version, but I think I will stick to my bran and banana for most of my breakfasts at Home Sweet Home :)
Think about in the morning as I do my Jeff Dropo 5k. The proceeds of this run go towards Camp Smile A Mile, a camp for children with cancer. I think it will be a lot of fun! I'm going to drive over this afternoon and try to map out the course because I have heard rumors of nasty hill...Eek!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to keep that muffin in mind for when we are on vacation or out of town. The breakfasts at most fast food places are awful.

    ReplyDelete