Monday, January 14, 2013

5 Pounds

Saturday morning I got up extra early so that I could get in a workout before we hit the road for Bowling Green. It was also my WI day. I was excited to see what the scales said because I had worked so hard during the week, committing to exercising everyday and being mindful with meals while on the road. Well I hopped on the scale, and I could believe my eyes. I stepped off and re-calibrated. I stepped back on...the result was the same as the first time I stepped on...A 5 POUND GAIN!! UGH! But I had worked so hard!!! I was angry as I got dressed for my workout. And I was angry as I started to workout. Why was I even doing this?? But as the intensity of the workout started increasing, I started feeling better. I know I put in the work last week, and I will put it in this week. And eventually the hard work will pay off!!

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I can relate. So frustrating. Just keep at it. Our bodies do weird things without notice sometimes. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it WILL pay off. There will always be weird fluctuations on the scale. Are you taking measurements, too? That was always an encouragement for me when the scale wouldn't budge. Keep making healthy choices! It's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right my friend IT WILL PAY OFF! Your doing the work just keep it up! You are prepared this week making adjustments right? See what happens with that. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stinks, sorry Jessica! Just remember that the scale is only one measure of progress - you felt better after staying on-plan all week, even if the scale didn't show a loss. That's what matters most of all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good attitude! I weigh in tomorrow and am a bit nervous even thought am on track... I will keep your attitude in mind.

    ReplyDelete