Friday, January 4, 2013

Finding My Spark

I have always adored Shannon. Honestly, her blog is what motivated me to start my little blog several years ago (after stalking hers for many, many months). And when I finished my first 5k, she was my first person to msg. I was so excited, and I knew she was sharing my excitement all the way from Alabama to Utah.  And even though both of us have been away from "blogland" for awhile, we have kept in contact though Facebook.  I always love seeing little comments from her. Through thick and thin, she has been an inspiration to me!
Earlier this week, Shannon put out an all call to her friends and former blog buddies for us to make a comeback and be the community of supporters we once were. I wanted in on this! I do my best work when I have support from the blog community. But, when I would open my blogger window, it would sit blank. I didn't know what to say or what to share. (A secret, I feel this way quite often...I love reading blogs...and have never stopped reading what is going on with you guys for more than a week or so at a time...but often I feel what I have to share isn't very exciting or "read-worthy.") I sent Shannon a msg yesterday explaining to her that I was having trouble jump-starting my old blog. She was as encouraging as always. And shared this picture that had been shared with her. I love it!


So guys, I am here again!
I am up 7 pounds during the holidays, and a total of 15. My plan is to erase those 15 first, and then try to lose 30 more bringing me back to my  "happy early 20s weight." HAHA  Guess what? I will be 33 next month!

I also want to focus on running again. I only did two 5k events last year, and I want that number to increase again! Few things  feel as good as crossing that finish line feeling strong, and I want that feeling over and over again in 2013. Last year, I got really discouraged after the weekday evening Zumba classes at my gym got cancelled. I jumped from one activity to the next trying to find something I enjoyed as much. But now I am turning back to walking/running and Zumba will be my "dessert" on the weekends. There is a Zumba Studio that I will go to on Saturday mornings. It will be my reward for hard workouts during the week. The Zumba Studio has always been an option, and I have attended several classes there, but always felt guilty about spending the extra money on Zumba and having my gym membership. But I know there are other places I can cut back, and $5 a week for a Saturday morning Zumba class won't break me! Plus I know that I will love it and look forward to it!

Thank you guys for the support over the years. I appreciate it more than you know, and I am looking forward to feeling that support again!


8 comments:

  1. Just love! Jessica you have done the same for me many, many times! So happy to see you found your SPARK and looking forward to this journey together. You do have me thinking about just doing zumba again until I can get over feeling so self conscious about it. Practice makes perfect right?! Can't wait to watch your journey this year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun plan! And I sure wish we had a $5 Zumba class where I live...my gym has Zumba, but never at times I can make it. I know what you mean about events, I love the feeling of accomplishment & camaraderie! Good luck to you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! No time like the present! Good luck, Jessica. We're all in this together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great plan. So grateful that Shannon shared her spark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that cat picture :) Glad to see you back! Starting back at things is tough, always. But never giving up is incredibly admirable! I'm so envious of folks who enjoy Zumba. I have absolutely no rhythm, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JESSICA!!! So wonderful to see you!!! Here's to a wonderful 2013!! Kicking and screaming we will make it a great year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have missed you my friend. So glad you are back!! You can reach your fitness and weight loss goals. You've got what it takes!!!

    No fear!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the pic! I'm a cat person for sure! :-) I love the support of the blogger community, too and want to get back to that, so I'm reaching out as well. Here's to a healthy 2013!

    ReplyDelete