Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Back in Control

I am a creature of habit. I find joy in routine. And last week was WILD! I am a children's librarian, and last week began my busiest 9 weeks of the year! SUMMER READING! I live in a small town, however; my Summer Reading Program usually registers 1000+ children. My days are full of chaos! And while, I love my job, it usually take me half of those 9 weeks to get used to the huge changes in my day. I double my staff during those 9 weeks and add about 35 junior volunteers (ages 10 to 16). Last week was full of training and prepping and today begins our daily educational programs for children.
Last week, I never made it to the gym. I did a DVD at home a few nights, but it definitely was my normal workout. This week, I MUST make my workouts a priority. Last week, my eating was horrible. I would work through lunch time, and then gobble down too much food too fast when I got the chance later in the afternoon. I was so exhausted after work, that the dinners I made were mostly prepackaged junk! or takeout!

This week I am taking back control. I plan to journal my food and USE my lunch break for time at the gym. I am going to take an earlier lunch break to ensure I get out of be building and back before things get too crazy! I'll update on how this works!

1 comment:

  1. I can totally understand the challenges with busy periods. My work is project-based, and it seems this summer is shaping up to be full of huge, difficult projects that are sucking up all my regular meal and planning time. It sounds like you have a great plan in place for the week ahead - good luck!
    Rae
    xo

    ReplyDelete