There is so much going on in my head today...so I thought I would just throw it all out here bullet style :)
* My best friend lost his father yesterday. It was expected, but I don't think you are ever really prepared to say goodbye. My heart breaks for him and I wish I knew how to comfort him. When my Dad passed away he flew in from graduate school...and then flew back again the next week to be a part of my wedding. I hope that I can be at least half the comfort to him that he was to me. It is just so hard knowing a friend is hurting.
|An old picture of us...|
*Yesterday Debbie and Shannon asked about my reflections on my 30 Day challenge. When I started the 30 days, my easy pace one- mile took about 13:20...now I am very comfortable at a 12 minute mile. I wish I would have kept a tally of exactly how many miles I ran during the challenge. During the 30 days I did not lose any weight...but that's OK I will get there eventually...I just have to keep moving forward.
* I went and had lab work done last week and they are changing the dosage of my thyroid medicine...I have to go back in one month for more lab work. I have read that it can take up to a year to get thyroid levels balanced out...but I am still hopeful that it won't take that long. (If anyone has any experience with this please give me some words of advise or encouragement...this is so frustrating!)
* I didn't get to swim while we were out of town this weekend :( I was really disappointed. The first day the pool was closed because they were having a prom at the hotel that night...when we came in that night the pool looked gorgeous with floating lit flowers all in it... and the prom kids looked nice too. On Sunday morning, the pool didn't open until 9 and we were checking out at 10...just not enough time. Maybe next trip.
* I really hate to see people being mean to others about their weight. This weekend at the baseball game, the high school kid that was working as a bat boy was possibly 15lbs over weight. He was tall with a muscular build (very football player type body). At one point during the game, he didn't see a ball laying on the field after a play...and the home team's catcher yelled at him to pretend that the ball was a cupcake and run after it. I was just shocked by the rudeness. And I felt really bad for the kid...I mean this was opening weekend for that team, and possibly the kid's first day on the job...and now he will be reminded of that player's comment every time he works(or maybe he can just let it roll off). It just really irked me! SO unkind...
* Yesterday was an emotional day after hearing about my friend's father. I had planned on a shorter run that night, but not knowing what the week entails (with funeral arrangements) I wanted to go ahead and get my Jelly Bean 5k finished. My time was 40:07 which is not my best, but I caught myself drifting off in thought during parts of the running...just so many thoughts swirling...and memories of my own Dad. After the run, I felt better than I had all day! Isn't is great how a nice run can do that for you?
* I am hoping to conquer the Muscles class this evening if everything goes as plan...wish me luck! (I'll need it!!)