Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Fever Challenge

It is here! It is here! We are moving past Winter and heading into SPRING! :) I am very excited about the Spring Fever Challenge!

My motivational picture of the week....
   
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is one of my favorite pictures...It symbolizes Spring Time and Fun!



This Week's Questions:
one. What are your goals for the Spring Fever Challenge? 
two. Why did you choose them?  
three. What is your plan of action to make them happen?
Goal One:
"Face and Floss" - I am a soap and water kind or girl, but I am at the age (or passed the age) when I really need to start taking better care of my skin. My goal is to use a good cleanser to wash my face and put on sunscreen EVERYDAY! Also, I need to get into daily flossing again...I have gotten too lazy with this and need to make it a DAILY thing, not a couple of times a week.  I am going to make a calendar for my bathroom vanity and check off each day when I do these to tasks! 
 
Goal Two: 
"150 Feet miles :)"
This is a goal carried over from the WWW Challenge. I didn't complete this goal last time, but I WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN this time! I am splitting this into smaller goals of 50 miles per month. I will do it! 
 
Goal Three:
" A Fitness Class a Week"
I don't want my mileage goal to be my only focus...fitness classes are a good way to mix it up. I will achieve this my scheduling Monday for my fitness class...and then do it! :)
Goal Four:
"Fitness Adventures with Humphrey"
I wanted this to be a Family walk each week, but I couldn't get Tommy completely on board.  I will keep working on him. Until then, Humprhey (my pup) and I will head out for fitness adventures (to different parks) each week. I think this is going to be so much fun! 

 


Goal Five:
"Vitamins and supplements"
When I started taking my thyroid medicine a couple of months ago, I got out of the habit of taking all of my vitamins and supplements. I have always taken them with breakfast, but with the thyroid meds I have to wait four hours...and I sometimes forget to pack them with my lunch. Making this a goal will give me the incentive to do this daily. And hopefully it will be a solid habit by the end of the challenge.  This will be listed on my face and floss calendar so that it is marked off each day.
 
Goal Six:
"Strength Training 3 Days a Week"
Simply put, I don't like strength training, but having it as a goal will keep me doing it. My plan is two days of upper body, one day of lower body. UGH! :)
 

four. What does this challenge mean to you?
A new challenge always excited me and keeps pushing me forward in the journey.

five. Fun Question of the Week: 
Let's  get to know each other! What is something most people (er... fellow bloggers) don't know about you?
Spring is my favorite season :)
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Those sound like some fantastic goals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is SO cute and HILARIOUS because I was just talking with friends this weekend about getting a kiddie pool and a sprinkler when it gets hot hot. LOL. And there you are...kiddie pool and sprinkler!

    And your pup pup Humphrey is so stinkin cute!

    I like all your goals, especially the "take one class" and "take vitamin" goals. I was gung-ho about the classes and I've settled into the elliptical instead but I was thinking of taking a class here and there to spice things up. I also have a hard time remembering my vitamins!

    You'll kick butt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the name you gave your walks "Fitness adventure"! Ok so pretty much any time you add adventure to something, it's pretty awesome. Spring is my favorite season too! Reminds me that every day can be the beginning of something new and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I just started flossing again too - It hurt! But I've been sticking with it, so it's gotten better each time.

    Good luck with your goals! I'm excited to follow the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great goals! I need to start flossing more as well. :S I absolutely hate strength-training and wasn't brave enough to put it on my list like you. Good luck with everything and I look forward to hearing about your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I *love* that picture! It's hardly spring and you're making me want summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for checking up on me...Yes having the book helps....I'm trying to motivate girls who don't have the book and they not getting the bigger picture....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome goals! I love that pic in the pool, so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete