Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Oh What a Night!

Last night was a gorgeous night, so I sat outside to write my blog and browse some of my favorites. When I went in, I had 10 missed calls and several new voice mails and immediately knew something had to be wrong.
My Aunt had fallen down a flight of stairs in my Uncle's work shed and landed with her head crashing into he work bench. She was unconscious and had lost quite a bit of blood so they med-flighted her to a bigger hospital about two hours away. My mother wanted to go to the hospital and wanted me to come and stay with my grandmother for the night so she would not be alone during everything. My mom lives about 45 minutes from my house so I quickly packed an overnight bag and headed out. About 15 minutes after arriving at my mom's house, my best friend called and her youngest son (age 11) had been in an accident and they were sending him to Children's Hospital in Birmingham (about 2 hours away).

They are both doing okay today, but please keep them both in your thoughts. Both had surgery last night/this morning and things have calmed down a bit. My aunt has a long road ahead of her, which will include multiple surgeries on her face. She had her knees replaced a couple of years ago, and the fall has caused problems with them as well. I am sure Will will have to do physical therapy and possibly more surgery.

I am still in shock from both events. I didn't get much sleep last night because I was so anxious and waiting to hear updates on both of them. I asked Melissa if she needed me to come and be with the two of them, but she said she has everything she needs and they will hopefully be home soon.

Last night, while waiting to hear reports, I wanted to eat so bad (emotional eating gets me every time)! But I had closed my food journal for the day and knew that any food I would eat would not be for the right purpose. Today I plan to go to the gym after work and enjoy the stress relief that a good workout gives.

Please keep my friends and family in your thoughts!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this news. I will keep your family and friends in my thoughts and prayers.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no - I'm sorry to hear that. You're all in my prayers! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - what a night! I'm thinking of your Aunt and your friend's son. Sending recovery vibes....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry. Of course you and your loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers. Be strong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that's awful! Glad you didn't let food get in the way :D

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete