Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Road Block and Okra

I attempted the 1.5 mile run today without success. I think it was mostly a mental road block that caused the lack of success. I did finish a one mile run, and then did another mile of walking. I will try again tomorrow. I know that I am capable of running 3.1 miles...it may just take my mind and legs a while to remember.

Tonight I made boiled okra to go with our dinner. My husband had only had okra fried, but even he approved of the healthy side dish. I simply boiled my okra in a 1/2 cup of water for about 10 minutes, drained, and seasoned with a bit of sea salt and cracked pepper. Delish...and soo low calorie! :)

8 comments:

  1. I don't do okra...fuzzy on the outside and slimy in the middle, lmao....good for you for boiling it instead of frying it though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Tammy - despite being pretty adventurous in the food department, I just can't get past the texture of okra.
    Just keep at it - your legs & lungs will remember how to do it in no time. Is it hot & muggy in your neck of the woods? I've found that isn't helping with the running these days!
    Rae
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not me, I love it if it's cooked properly. I also like it pickled. Keep at it on the running. You'll do it. I'm hoping that a cool down in the next few weeks will help with my cutting down on the walking bits of my runs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely deathly afraid of okra. When my mom makes her gumbo she has to make a special batch for me that's okra-less.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (no okra here either :))

    have to chime in with the mental piece.
    it is my bigggggest running hurdle and struggle as well.

    you can do this.
    you will do this.

    today?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks for the comment on my blog! I will definitely be following yours as well, as running is something I am really interested in and being able to run for the first time since childhood is definitely one of my goals! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never had the courage to try Okra, I'm such a big texture person.

    Thank you for commenting on my blog. If I find a way to keep my house clean without a maid I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete