Monday, August 23, 2010

Working toward DDGbD Goals and Fall Workout Schedule

Tommy brought these flowers home for me this weekend. I thought they were just beautiful  (and reminded me of fall) and wanted to share them with you guys. I really have a wonderfully thoughtful husband. He is always full of little surprises for me...we have been married for three years and together for over five, and I hope that I never take him for granted, though I know I do.

I have decided to use SparkPeople to journal my food for the challenge. I have used various online food journals,but I think Spark's community atmosphere will be good for me.

I have created a fall workout schedule that I hope I can keep for the next few months. There will always be little unexpected surprises during the week, when I may have to work late or visit a different library, but I am hoping that I can keep up this new schedule. Following this schedule, I will earn 20 miles per week and be able to make my DDGbD goal of 200 miles by December.

I have decided to use the Couch to 5k program again this fall to hopefully help me work on my speed. This program prepared me for my first few 5ks and I hope it will help me to improve my time this go around. I will work to complete all the run intervals at a 5.3mph speed so that I will be able to accomplish my DDGbD goal of a 5k in under 40 minutes.

This is my Fall Workout Schedule

Mondays- Couch to 5k Day 1 + walking to complete 2miles, 3miles on Bike
Tuesdays- 5miles Elliptical
Wednesdays- Couch to 5k Day 2 + walking to complete 2 miles, 3miles on Bike
Thursdays- Rest Day
Friday- Couch to 5k Day 3 + walking to complete 2miles, 3miles on Bike

Saturdays/Sundays- 2 hours of physical activity... This will vary depending on the weekend,but will hopefully include some outdoor activities when the weather cools down a bit. A new dance studio has opened that will be offering Zumba, depending on the price I may check into doing a class on Saturday.

I will also throw in some strength training during the week, I hate it, but I know I need it.

Today I completed the Monday workout and everything went well, except for a boob that was trying to escape my sports bra the entire evening. I believe its time to retire that bra :)

3 comments:

  1. Your fall workout schedule looks awesome!

    Love the pic of you in your last post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have built a plan to accomplish all your Fall goals, Jess. You will succeed - I have no doubt!
    Those flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to do it, Jessica! Your plan sounds great. I went to a couple Zumba classes when we visited our daughter. Lots of fun and a real workout. I also re-did the C25K to try to jump start back into good running this summer. It definitely helped.

    ReplyDelete