Thursday, August 18, 2011

Three Things Thursday...Rest Day, Soup, and Crockpot!

1. I took an early Rest Day this week. I usually try to save them for the weekend, but yesterday my arm was really hurting from Tuesday's tetanus shot, so I headed on in, ate supper, and hit the sack early. It is still sore today, but not nearly as bad as yesterday...and I can't miss Zumba :)

2. Does anyone know the calorie count for House soup from a Chinese restaurant? I don't think the count would be too high...just clear broth, shrimp, chicken, and veggies. I've looked around online with no luck.It has been my go to meal lately on Thursday night. It is a quick pick up on the way home from a late Zumba night when it's too late to cook.

3.  Speaking of too late to cook, do any of you have awesome crock pot recipes to share? I do pot roast and chilli in the crock pot (especially in the Fall and Winter), but I need more ideas. With having two late nights at the gym now (Zumba class starts at 7...we get out at 8...and it is almost 9 when I get home on Tuesdays...starts at 6:15 and almost 8 getting home on Thursdays) I need something I can throw in the crockpot for Tommy so he can eat instead of having to wait for me...or picking up food on his way home.

8 comments:

  1. No idea about the house soup stats--doesn't sound like it would be all that bad calorie-wise, although I bet the sodium is high!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crock pot cooking. I don't use it much in the summer, but the rest of the year I use it 2-3 times a week. My favorite recipe is for white chicken chili. I will email you a few of the recipes I use the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have crockpot recipes on my regular blog if you want to check them out. Just look under the recipes tab. I'm not sure if they're healthy or not... can't remember! HA! But check them out. :)

    Not sure how much that soup would be but i bet it's very low in cals & carbs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fav crock pot Is Asian CHicken

    Ingredients:
    Small whole chix or cornish hen
    1 cup apple cider vinager
    1/2 cut low sodium sow sauce
    2 onions sliced
    1 green cabages sliced
    1 bag baby carrotts

    run chicken down with seasoning of choice (I use seasoning salt and poltry seasoning)

    place veggies at bottom. Rub chicken down with seasoning (for lower calories rove skin, kin dof a pain but you get the hang of it) put chicken on top, dump in liquid and close. Allow to cook on low for 8 or more hours. It is supper yummy and the veggies are great. you can also do this with breats as the chicken will be very tender, fall of the bone tender. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to put chicken breasts in the crock pot with a little water or chicken broth. It's simple and very tender! You can eat it plain or add some BBQ sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica, thanks for checking in with me. Sometimes it helps to know people are out there. Glad you had some good news to share. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you for knowing to take a rest day when your body needs it! That can be hard to do. :)

    You should share the recipes you end up using!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jessica,

    I found this on My FitnessPal:

    Nutrition Facts
    Chinese Food - House Special Soup - Chicken, Pork, Shrimp, Veggies, No Noddles
    Servings:
    Calories 250 Sodium 0 mg
    Total Fat 0 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 0 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 0 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%
    Vitamin C 0% Iron 0

    Hope it helps! Keep focused!

    ReplyDelete