Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Zumba!!!

Last night I went to my first official Zumba class!And Loved it! I had taken a trial class last year that was hosted at my library, but just couldn't justify the expense of joining the Zumba studio and keeping my regular gym membership. I was thrilled when I walked into the gym Monday(first time in a week because of vacation) and saw a sign on the door advertising the first class.
I am SOO uncoordinated, but the instructor said to try your best and just have fun, and that is what I did!
The class met at 7:00, which could be a bit hard for my schedule...I get off at 5, and home is 40 mins away. I decided to work about half an hour over, then grabbed a smoothie, and hit the gym. I did 50 minutes of cycling before the class started, then stretched a bit...participated in the class, and then made it home a little before 9.  I ate a small salad, watched some tv...and then went to bed. I usually don't like to eat that late, but I was starving when I got home! Tommy was very supportive about me taking the class, but I did miss him since I only saw him for about an hour all day yesterday.
After the class ended, they asked us to answer a few questions including what would be the best times would be best for us...so hopefully they will offer one a bit earlier too.
I am excited about taking the class on a regular basis!
Tonight....Spinning :)

3 comments:

  1. I think I am going to try Zumba this weekend - the big park downtown hosts a free hour every Saturday morning in the summer. They also have yoga and pilates. I'm really uncoordinated, too - so I'm nervous. Glad you enjoyed it so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Jessica,
    I was just checking in on Alan's original June Boomers. Glad to see you are still blogging. Love the fact that you tried Zumba and loved it.

    I am going to follow you to encourage you to keep your focus up!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've still never tried Zumba! I must do that!

    ReplyDelete